It’s the most wonderful time of the year!
And it’s even starting to feel like it too!
Holiday gift sets are hitting the shelves and while I got this preview a little bit back, it’s certainly starting to feel more festive now. The Quo 2016 Holiday Collection (available now at Shoppers Drug Mart, my fave) is nothing short of beautiful and I loved the items I received. The entire collection has 27 (amazing) pieces from stocking stuffers to larger palettes and brush collections:
- Best of Quo Discovery Set – $65
- Quo Holiday Mini Blending Sponge Ornament – $10
- Quo Luxury Lipstick Wardrobe – $30
- Quo Lip Gloss Bar – $20
- Quo Lip Gloss Trio – $10
- Quo Hidden Treasures Cosmetic Crackers – $18
- Quo Emery Board – $3
- Quo Eye Shadow Palette – $5
- Quo Deluxe Eye and Face Palette – $15
- Quo Brow Beauty Eyebrow Kit – $20
- Quo All About Colour Eye Shadow Palette – $20
- Quo Eye Shadow Contour Set – $25
- Quo Bombshell Contour Palette – $30
- Quo So Focus Highlighting Palette – $30
- Quo Ultimate Beauty Eye, Lip & Cheek Kit – $35
- Quo True Artist Eye, Lip & Cheek Palette – $45
- Quo Colour Wonderland Eye, Lip & Cheek Collection – $65
- Quo Ladies Manicure Kit – $20
- Quo Men’s Manicure Kit Set – $15
- Quo Ready-Set-Travel Brush Set – $17
- Quo Tools of the Trade Brush Set – $29
- Quo Roll and Go Brush Set – $49
- Quo Master Brush Set – $65
- Quo Artisan Brush Collection – $79
- Quo Behind the Scenes Brush Set with Roll – $100
- Quo by ORLY Best of the Best 6-Piece Mini Nail Lacquer Set – $20
- Quo by ORLY Perfectly Painted 12-Piece Mini Nail Lacquer Set – $35
Here’s a look at what I received & my thoughts on what you should pick up in time for holiday parties.
These little crackers are adorable and perfectly festive – serious props to whoever designed them. Each cracker contains a treasure (a lipgloss and eyeshadow) so I think the price is perfect. I think this would be the perfect gift for a younger girl who’s just starting to love makeup.
See? So cute!
Inside you find the mini eyeshadows and lip glosses that are lovely colours for the holidays but every season after too. The glosses aren’t too pigmented (one is almost clear) but they do add a touch of colour to the lips which is great for a casual look or even layering over a fave lipstick.
Always my favourite part of holiday sets – the lipsticks!
This little bundle comes with four beautiful colours that are great for the fall, holidays and can certainly be worn over into the warmer weather…even though that feels forever away.
The colours are Crème, Orchid, Fig, and Raspberry Red.
Crème is the perfect nude lipstick, but for a fair-skinned girl like me it’s a little too warm. Orchid is a light pink that still doesn’t verge on the unnatural Barbie side. Fig is a natural mauve colour and is perfect for a natural look (I would say that Fig is a “your lips, but better” colour, which a lot of us seek). And then Raspberry Red (my fave) is a beautiful, bright red; the finishing touch for a holiday party!
The lipsticks are comfortable to wear and have long lasting power too. If you’re a lipstick lover I would certainly say you should pick this on up because the four shades are so nice to play around with!
If you’re going to buy anything at all from this Quo Holiday Collection, this is my pick.
I have truly grown to appreciate an amazing glow and this palette does the job! It comes with three different shades; one meant for all over glow, one meant to do a shimmery contour (if you’re pale like me that is) and one for the full highlight glam.
The brushes are dense and extremely soft making them perfect for blending and for topping off your look for a holiday party.
To be completely honest I was shocked with the glow this palette gave me, but I am in love with it! I like layering it with a liquid highlighter as well, if you want it to really stand out, but in this photo I’m just using the palette.
What’s on your wish list this holiday season? Let me know your beauty must-haves, I love to hear what others are looking for!